Monday, December 29, 2014

Week 12

Dear Family and Friends,
This week has been a blur. I almost forgot that Christmas happened this past week! On Christmas Eve my companion and I made cookies and took them to a lot of our investigators. Apparently Hispanics celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. We ate A LOT of food. I was SO full. My favorite hispanic food is still tamales and I had some really good ones made by one of our investigators who is older and very grandmother-like. The ones she made were probably the best I've ever had.
On Christmas Day we got to visit members and spend time with them. I also got to talk with my family which was wonderful. It was good to see them and hear their voices. My companion and I also got to be around someone who had just gotten their wisdom teeth out and it was the funniest thing ever! Too bad I wasn't around when my little brother got his out.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and that you were able to take some time and think about Christ and what he has done for each of you. I'm grateful for my Savior; to have someone who understands me and knows how to comfort me.
Happy New Year (in a few days) as well! 
I love you all!
Hermana Brighton