Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 9

Dear Family and Friends,

How is everyone doing? I hope you all are doing wonderfully! I am doing pretty well. I'm getting used to the feeling of being tired all the time.

I'm just going to make a list of things I want to share.
  • We got a new car. No I did not wreck the previous one. It hit 50,000 miles so the mission sells them I guess when they get to that point.
  • A family we met a week ago or so is really progressing and doing well. They came to a baptism this past Saturday and then came to church the next morning! I was so so so happy to see them and so glad they actually came. So many people make commitments or say they will do something and then don't so it was so awesome to have people who actually did what they said they would do.
  • When with my companion I felt strongly prompted to talk to a guy that was just standing next to a car. At first my companion wasn't so sure but then said she didn't feel like we shouldn't so we did go up and talk to him. The whole time we spoke with him he seemed really sad and the only thing that really came to my mind to say was God loves you. It was like I forgot how to say anything else. I found out yesterday that the guy we talked to is a friend of someone who comes out with my companion and I sometimes and that she'd been praying for a very long time that he would listen to missionaries. It was really amazing to hear this.
  • This past Saturday my companion and I went to Kennewick to see one of her former investigators get baptized. It was a really sweet experience for her and I'm glad we got to go. We also had a baptism in Royal city that evening that we went to.
  • Yesterday (Sunday) I watched the Christmas devotional... in Spanish... so I don't remember a lot of what was said but I really enjoyed the orchestra and choir. I was nice to just sit and listen to beautiful music.
Well those are just some of the main things I wanted to hit on. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Love,
Hermana Brighton