Monday, December 15, 2014

Week 10

Dear Family and Friends,
This week has been awesome. I truly have discovered the key to happiness for myself- turning outwards. Focusing on others. I've been told this so many times but I have really found it to be true, especially for me. 
And now I will do bullet points again-
  • This week I conciously made the effort to give my all to the Lord and hold nothing    back. Making this decision has been a turning point for me and I have felt so much happier. I have felt so much love for those around me and I just feel so much better. This isn't to say that I don't still have moments of frustration or sadness or annoyance, I am just better able to move on and get past these moments quicker. It feels so much better to be happy and positive.
  • Today a dog peed on my jacket. We were at a members house washing our clothes and unfortunately I left my jacket on the floor. The companion said it was because the dog liked me and was marking me as his territory. Yeah... I would prefer the dog do that in some other manner. Not by urinating on my clothes. Luckily I was able to just stick it in the washer with my other stuff.
  • Don't remember if I shared this cause I can't remember if it happened this week or last week, but here goes... When my companion opened the door to our apartment a bird flew in, flew across the room, and SMASH wacked into the window and fell stunned on our coach (which was beneath the window). It didn't die... I think... cause I got a tissue and picked it up and put it outside in a box and when my companion and I returned later it was gone. Hope it's okay...
  • This week I was told by a recent convert I had to marry him. He of course was joking. The story behind it is that after he came out with us to visit people, before we parted ways my companion asked if we could do anything for him. He asked us to pray for him to find a 'buena esposa' and we said we would. He said if we didn't find him one I'd have to marry him so he could get custudy of his kids who are currently with his ex wife... He was joking of couse so it was pretty funny but I have to admit I felt slightly awkward.
  • This week we visited a man who is less active. His wife divorced him several years ago and since then he hasn't really been to church. We could tell he was really struggling and seems to feel abandoned by the Lord. We testified that God loves him and invited him to Pray to feel that love and to ask the Lord for guidance. He really seemed depressed and my heart aches for him. I know though, that only he can help himself and the Lord if he lets Him. 
  • Hermana Leyva and I had the wonderful experience of standing on a porch for basically 45 minutes talking to a man. He wanted us to come in but we couldn't because we didn't have another woman with us and he didn't have a wife. He was a little upset about this. This man was really nice though and has a testimony of God and has great faith. Hermana Leyva and I have high hopes for him if he chooses to open his heart and listen to the Gospel of Christ and act on what he learns. As we left the door though, both of us could not feel our feet. They were so cold!!! I can't imagine how bad the feet of the mormon pioneers must have hurt. It was in the 30s and we had shoes on and our feet still felt frozen and we couldn't feel them.
Well I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season! I love you all! Stay safe!
Love,
Hermana Brighton