Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 11

Dear Family and Friends,

Wow can't believe it's almost Christmas! Just a few more days. The members here have been so nice and Hermana Leyva and I have received so many little gifts and things from the members. The benefits of living in a small town I think.
Things I want to share:
  • My companion and I went to two Christmas parties. One for the 2nd Royal Ward and the other for our Spanish Branch combined with the 1st Royal Ward. We were very happy to see 2 people we met a day or two before that we invited last minute actually come plus two families that are investigating and a few less active that we invited. It was awesome! We gave church tours after each of the parties.
  • We went to a funeral this Saturday for a man who passed away in our ward. He's been fighting cancer for 10+ years I believe. Although we really didn't know him that well the service was wonderful and uplifting. It's so wonderful to know the Plan that God has for each of us, to know that we can life with our families again, to know that this earth life is not the end. It provides much comfort to those families and friends of loved ones that have passed away.
  • I got to have some of my first opportunities to eat with some Hispanic families in their homes. The food was delicious. Didn't know re-fried beans and rice could taste so good!
  • I may or may not of totally squished a tiny white mouse with the car this week...I think we did though sadly. We were on our way to one of the Christmas parties and I saw it just in time to probably run over it. Poor mouse. Hope it survived though.
  • This past week we've had a lot of lessons and things have really been great. The weather today and yesterday has been BEAUTIFUL. I think it got up into the 50s! So wonderful.
Well I hope everyone has a great Christmas this week! Remember Moroni 10:18- "And I would exhort you, my beloved brethren, that ye remember that every good gift cometh of Christ." Because of Christ we can live with God again. Because of Christ we can repent and become a little better each day. I'm so grateful for this knowledge.
I love you all!
Love,
Hermana Brighton