Monday, January 5, 2015

Week 13

Dear Family and Friends,
This week has been pretty good. Kind of a blur like every other week. Can't believe it's already a new year!
I got to eat cow tongue and cheek this week. It was pretty good actually.
It snowed yesterday and actually stuck. Had to drive pretty carefully. We're getting new tires this week though so that should help a little. Don't worry I will still drive carefully despite having new tires.
I finished the Book of Mormon. I started from the beginning part way through my stay in the CCM so I took me a little less than 3 months to finish it. I know the Book of Mormon is true and that people who study and ponder the messages it contains will come to know it is true if they pray to know with a sincere heart and real intent. I love the people and experiences in the Book of Mormon. We can learn so much from them.
Another set of Hermanas moved into our apartment this past Wednesday. They lived with a member before but the woman is older and is having health problems so someone moved in with her to help and so the missionaries had to move out. Their area is about 7 or 8 miles away so they have to drive there everyday.
We are having a baptism this Saturday! Her name is Alejandra and we started teaching her about a month ago. She has progressed so fast and I have truly been amazed to see how she learns and understands things so quickly. Her husband wants to be baptized as well but has to quite smoking and drinking first. He has already quit but he had to not smoke or drink for 2 weeks before he can be baptized though. He is also incredible and has such a strong desire to follow the Savior.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week and New Year!
I love you all,
Hermana Brighton