Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 43

Dear Family and Friends,
This week I got a new companion and her name is Hermana Hall. She is from St. George, Utah and she is AWESOME. :) We have already had the opportunity to teach a lot of people and it's easy to stay happy with her because of her cheerful attitude. 
We have been able to teach a lot of new people this past week and although not everyone wants to continue to learn, I still am grateful that I have the opportunity to share at least a little bit about how the fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored and invite them to find out for themselves if its true. This leaves the rest up to them. They have the opportunity to exercise their God given agency to accept or reject the message we bring. I know as well, that sometimes people aren't ready but that maybe sometime later in their lives they will be. With some people we just need to be patient and continue to be examples and share what we can.
So something I found out today is that we only have 57 companionships in our mission. With some more time, I think we will be getting more missionaries though because that is why they split the mission, so that things would be more managable for the mission presidents because before there was probably twice that many missionaries and there still weren't enough.
Here in Royal it has been pretty smokey because of fires going on. We have heard there have been one or two pretty bad fires, but they were mostly able to keep them under control, I think. Otherwise, things are beautiful here in Royal. It's amazing to see all the crops growing and the orchards. I'm looking forward to when they start harvesting the apples in a couple weeks. I hear that the apples are SUPER delicious.
I'm grateful for all the things I'm learning as a missionary. I know God is aware of me. I know I can talk to Him in prayer and that He listens with love and understanding. I know God answers our prayers in His own way and timing.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Brighton