Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Week 46

Dear Family and Friends,
A quote from some kids we are teaching...
11 year old- "I don't know who the Holy Ghost is."
9 year old's immediate response- "He's your true eternal friend."
I just thought that was pretty awesome. We were of course able to talk more about the Holy Ghost, but I love when we are able to expand on the truth of what others say. They are preparing to be baptized on the 29th though the 9 year old wants to wait until his Dad (who was previously less active so has to work through some things) can baptize him. The 11 year old though decided he does want to be baptized so his grandpa will be doing it. I love these kids and their family and have learned so much from them.
This week, well yesterday, we had a conference with Elder Packer of the 70. We learned more about the importance of teaching to the individual needs of people and helping them really feel the spirit. In order to do this we need to be more obedient and have the spirit with us. Basically we need to 'seek first to obtain the word before we try to declare it. We need to recognize how we've been converted before we can help others do the same. I look forward to learning more and more as I study the notes I took as well as dive deeper into the scriptures. I know that learning will be a huge part of our lives and even will extend into the eternities, so it's important to seek after it and desire it. I'm grateful for what I'm learning on my mission and I look forward to learning for the rest of my life. 
On a slightly different note, I would like to let everyone know that tacos de lengua are delicious and I want to invite everone to go out to a taco truck and get some. Of course hopefully you can find an authentic Mexican food taco truck. Ha, hope you have a wonderful week!
Love you all!
Hermana Brighton