Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 45

Dear Family and Friends,
This week has been full of some interesting experiences. I'll just do some bullet points.
  • Stood and listened for quite a while as a lady told us why everything we believe is completely wrong. She said many things that hurt and all we did was listen patiently and with love. When she was done we asked if we could leave her with a prayer and once again offered our service cleaning up a tree that had gotten uprooted in a windstorm this past week. She allowed us to say a prayer with her and afterwards we once again expressed our desire to help her if she needed anything and left her with our number. She seemed maybe a little surprised that we didn't try to argue or anything the whole time. I just hope she remembers the experience as something positive.
  • We got a window shut in our face as soon as we introduced ourselves.
  • A man came bursting out of his house yelling at as, as we were about to walk away after knocking a couple times because he thought we were trying to break in. 
  • I had a wonderful Sunday that made up for the rest of the week which was a little rough. The spirit was very strong and I'm grateful for the opportunity we have to go each Sunday to church and have our spirits uplifted and to be spiritually cleansed and renewed.
Well I don't have a whole lot of time left, but I just want to share my testimony again this week of the power of the Book of Mormon. I'm grateful for it and for the opportunity we have to have another Testemant of Jesus Christ to read, ponder, and study.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Love,
Hermana Brighton