Monday, June 22, 2015

week 37

Dear Family and Friends,
This week has been pretty awesome. It's really amazing being back in Royal City and getting to reunite with the members of the branch and the English Ward here, especially those who were baptized when I was here just several months ago. There is a lot to do though and my new companion Hermana Bailey and I will be working hard to strengthen the branch, as well as searching for those who are ready and willing to learn of and accept the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.  We have been trying to talk with all the people we see and share with them as much as we can about how knowing about the Gospel can help them individually. Sometimes this is the biggest challenge I think, to help people recognize why what we share would bless them specifically and individually.
It is very different being here in Royal during the summer. Everything is green and growing and previously there were just lots of brown fields of dirt. It really is quite beautiful. It's incredible how the orchards which previously just looked like a lot of sticks in the ground, are now beautiful trees full of green leaves and fruit starting to mature. This morning Hermana Bailey and I got to go pick cherries with a family in our Ward. It was really fun and incredible to be among so many cherry trees with SO MANY cherries. I have been warned many times though about not eating too many cherries. They are very delicious though. :)
Since I left and returned several young men have also recieved their mission calls. One of them is the Bishop's son and he'll be leaving this Wednesday to go to Washington DC. Another one I know of recieved his call to go to Ecuador, the same country his mother went to, but unfortunatley not the same mission. I'm super happy for them and I still am just so amazed how so much has changed in the past several months.
So overall I am just really looking forward to being back here and I know that I am here for a reason. I love the people here SO much and I just hope to serve and help them in any way I can so that their testimonies can be strengthened and so they will have an even greater desire to go out and share with others the blessings they have recieved from being a member of Jesus Christ's church. Hermana Bailey has been here for a few months previously and they have been teaching a family that is really doing well. I remember going by their house when I was here before and never really being able to talk with the parents, so it was so awesome to get to really met them and then to see them at church on Sunday.
Well I hope everyone had an awesome week! Happy late Fathers Day to all you fathers out there. Hope you all had a wonderful Sunday!
Love,
Hermana Brighton