Wednesday, June 10, 2015

week 35

Dear Family and Friends,
This week has been good. My companion and I found a few people who we are looking forward to teaching. The Lord lead us to be in certain places and certain times and placed these people in our path. It's just so amazing when that happens.
My testimony of the Book of Mormon and it's divinity and truthfulness is continuing to grow. While talking to people we focus on how by reading the Book of Mormon they can strengthen or even begin to have a relationship with God and our Savior Jesus Christ. I think that one of the biggest struggles is trying to help people understand what the Book of Mormon is and why it's important. Often times people just think it's another Bible- a different version though. If only people would read it with an open heart and mind and really ponder what it means to know that the Book of Mormon is true and came to us by way of a living prophet translating a record of ancient prophets.
This week we went on exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders and it was an incredible 24 hours. I stayed in the area for the first time since I've been in Kennewick and truly I got to see miracles. Our Sister Training Leaders are both English speaking sisters so as far as speaking the language I was on my own but it went great and I really didn't struggle. I know I had a lot of help from the Spirit to understand and speak. What was really the better part was that although most of the people we talked to couldn't understand much English, I would make sure to still have Sister Larsen share her testimony and take part in the lesson, trying to keep translating to a minimum. I know that the Spirit can reach past any barriers that there might be because of language. I know that as Sister Larsen bore simple testimony that people where able to feel the spirit, even if they couldn't understand everything. I am so grateful for the things I learned on exchanges and I'm so grateful for the guidance and power of the Holy Spirit.
This weekend there was a baptism in the branch. It was wonderful to be able to attend Saturday night and then see them be confirmed on Sunday. They are a young couple with a month old baby and will be a strength to the branch as they continue learning and growing in the gospel. It's just so wonderful to see how happy they were and are because of the steps they've taken to come closer to Christ.
Well transfers are coming up next week. We find out whether we stay or go on Saturday. Where we end up will also determine which mission we will be in so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Well I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Love,
Hermana Brighton