Monday, June 1, 2015

Week 34

Dear Family and Friends,
It's hard to believe how quick summer has come. I'm sure it will fly by though and before we know it, it will be winter again. Right now here in Washington it is cherry picking time. My companion and I got gifted some freshly picked cherries, and they are so yummy! I was warned by another Elder who was around during last season cherry harvest to be careful not to eat too many because... well you might spend a night sleeping on the bathroom floor to illustrate with his experience.
This week Hermana Mrozek and I were very happy when one of the less active/part-member families came to church. We are starting to teach a daughter in the family and she is really starting to open up to us. We showed her the mormon messages and things online and she really loves them and watched a lot and it must have motivated her to come to church because she came with her mom and two other siblings who are members. We are super excited for her.
There is also another person we are just starting to work with named Cruz. We found him while knocking and he is super excited and has A LOT of really good questions. Hna Mrozek and I feel like he is an answer to our many prayers to find someone who is actually interested and has a desire to learn. We had a lesson with him last night with a couple from the branch and it went pretty well. The only struggle is going to be that he works a lot and so he's not home a lot. He wants to continue learning though so we will see where things go!
This past Saturday we had a fun afternoon helping out in the garden of a recent convert family. We were helping them remove a lot of lava rock from their yard as well as dig out some really old rose bushes. There are so many rose bushes here in Washington. I don't thing I'd ever seen so many in my life til I came here. We also got fed lunch- carne asada- which is super delicious. :) Basically just thinly cut beef grilled and you eat it in tortillas with salsa, avocado, cilantro, or just by itself. That evening for dinner we also had carne asada, but we did not complain. :)
Well I hope everyone enjoys this next week or so as things come to an end with school at least for those in grade school. I love you all!
Love,
Hermana Brighton