Monday, June 15, 2015

week 36

Dear Family and Friends,
This week I have some big news to share. We received our transfer calls this past Saturday and my companion and I found out that we are getting doubled out. This means that both of us are going to new areas. There will not be any missionaries replacing us though, so instead of there being 3 companionships in the Kennewick Branch there will only be 2 and the area of Kennewick is being re-divided. The other set of sisters in the branch will be taking over our area and a large part of their former area will now be the elders'.  Hermana Mrozek is being transferred to Othello and I am being transferred back to where I was before- Royal City. We will both be in the same zone though within the Yakima mission. So these next couple days will be pretty busy as we prepare to leave. We will probably have to clean out our whole apartment since no one is replacing us. We'll just have to wait and see though.
I have learned so much in these past few months. I have learned the importance of humility and really striving to be obedient and the miracles that come from being exactly obedient. This morning I had the wonderful opportunity to read about and really study and ponder about faith, hope, and charity and how they are all so perfectly intertwined and connected. Moroni chapter 7 is a really great resource to study about these Christlike attributes.
I know that Christ is our Savior. I know that it is because of Christ that we can have a hope of a better life yet to come. This hope can help us to have faith enough to act and follow Jesus Christ and what He taught. I know that He was perfectly obedient and I want to strive to follow that example. I know that there will be times when I falter, but I can have hope that I can change because Christ atoned for my sins and mistakes. When I have faith, I can repent and know that I can continue to learn and grow and improve in my life. He also understands all the pain and trouble I might go through. He loves me and all of us perfectly which is why He came to earth to show the example, to show the way, to be the way, so that everyone can have eternal happiness. We can learn from John 7:17 that if we will only ACT in faith we will know whether something is good (whether it is of God) by how we feel, by the consequences that follow. I know that as I have lived the Gospel of Jesus Christ and as I have been obedient to the commandments of the prophets of old and the ones we have today, I have been able to be happy. I can look back now and recognize the many blessings that have come from choosing to be obedient to God. Sometimes we don't understand exactly the purpose behind certain commandments or things that are asked of us, but I know that with the time all things will made clear. We will be able to clearly understand and see the bigger picture. As I continue to be obedient I know I will receive help from heaven. I will be continually supported and guided by the Holy Ghost. I know the Book of Mormon is good. It is of God and was inspired by Him so that we could have more guidance and receive more understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how to apply it in our lives. I know that Joseph Smith translated this sacred record of old through the power of God and that God and Jesus Christ came to him and that Joseph saw them and they really did speak to him. I know that because God and Jesus Christ love us they called Joseph Smith as a prophet and through him the Priesthood authority of God has been brought back to earth. It is with this Priesthood that we can receive fully all the blessings that God has in store for us. It is through this Priesthood authority that God works in order to bring to pass the salvation, the eternal happiness, of man- of us.
I am grateful to be a full-time missionary of Jesus Christ. To preach His gospel and have the opportunity to share my testimony with all I meet and I know I will continue to do so through out my life. I share these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.