Monday, December 28, 2015

Week 64

Dear Family and Friends,
This week the family we've been working with got baptized and confirmed. They are so special and I'm excited to continue to work with them and help them continue to learn and grow.  A ten year old boy that the Elders have been teaching got baptized as well. 
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. I had a white Christmas and the snow continues to come down. I feel like I've seen more snow in the past month or two than I have my whole entire life. It's really beautiful though and I'm grateful that a good amount of the time we have a car so it's not too bad being in the cold. 
I am so grateful for the scriptures and how God can speak to us through them. I know that when we search for answers to questions that we have, if we have a true desire to act on the answers, God will tell us what we need to do. Sometimes we don't feel like we are getting specific direction but when we act on true righteous principles that often times we already know then we can trust that what we are doing is something God would want us to do. God does not need to direct us in all things, He trusts us to apply what we learn from the scriptures, prayer, church, our leaders and life experiences and use our agency for righteousness- to serve and love others.
I hope you all have a wonderful week and that you have a fantastic New Year!