Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 61

Dear Family and Friends,
This past week has been awesome. On Wednesday Hermana Bailey and I received a third companion, Hermana Dee. She is from Alaska and is super positive and fun be with. So we will be in a tri-pan until Hermana Bailey goes home on the 18th. In the mean time we are taking full advantage of there being 3 of us and have been getting rides with a lot of the men in our branch since often times they are the ones that are available to drive us places. This allows us to save miles and also let the other sisters use the car more often. For those unaware, as missionaries we have a rule that we have to have a 3rd adult of the same gender in order to get rides from members or go into someone's house, that's why it's SUPER nice being in a tri-pan. :)
There has been a good amount of snow, rain, and slush falling from the sky this week, probably more that I can remember in my whole entire mission. It's good though because we all in this area have been praying for water in this area. God answers the prayers of the faithful.
We have been working with a wonderful family and they have come to Sacrament Meeting these past 2 weeks and are just incredible. The Mom reads in the Book of Mormon and just loves it and makes all kinds of connections to the Bible and to herself. She learns so well on her own and then we are able to just come and aid in the learning process.
There are also a couple other people we have been working with that are progressing well and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be serving a mission and to be here in Yakima. There are so many amazing things happening and sometimes I ask myself why the Lord has been so merciful as to allow me to be a part of these miracles. I am just so full of gratitude though and I hope to continue to be do all I can to work hard and be faithful in aiding the Lord to carry out His work and help Him fulfill His promises.
I hope we can all have a wonderful week and share the joy we have because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for this Christmas season and for this special time we have to be able to focus more on the Savior and help others recognize the importance of Christ and what He has done and still can do for us.
Love you all!
Hermana Brighton