Monday, December 21, 2015

Week 63

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been amazing! SO much has happened and when I look back on each day it's hard to believe that everything happened in just this week.

We went on three exchanges this week- which means that we trade companions for 24 hours for the purpose of learning from other sisters and helping each other become better missionaries. We also had a Christmas Gathering with other missionaries in the southern half of the mission. Each zone put together a little spiritual thought/musical number and afterwards we watched Meet the Mormons. I highly recommend it to everyone! Friday evening we had the branch Christmas party and a couple we have been teaching got married as well. It was so awesome and they will be getting baptized with their two daughters this coming Saturday

Sunday we had a special Christmas program during Sacrament Meeting, but what I really enjoyed was teaching one of the youth Sunday School classes and getting to spend time in the primary for the last hour. I was reminded of the true reason of the Season and the spirit taught me some things that honestly brought tears to my eyes. I was reminded of the importance of having a personal relationship with Christ and also of the innocence and pureness of children. Also while teaching the youth I learned the importance of teaching better so that when you ask 'why we should do missionary work' the answer won't be 'so we don't get our arms cut off'. Ha I hardly kept myself from just laughing out loud. We had been talking about Ammon and how great of a missionary he was because he served the king and loved his fellow servants and protected them from the robbers who came to steal the sheep by cutting their arms off. So although we should do missionary work, the reason shouldn't be because we want to keep our arms. Our motive should be because we love God and those around us and seek to serve them and help them.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas this week! I love you all and invite you to take some time to evaluate your relationship with Christ and seek to strengthen it by getting to know Him. Study His words and works in the scriptures. I'm grateful for Christ and His love for me and His example that I can do my best to follow.

-Hermana Brighton