Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 62

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been another wonderful week in Yakima! We are working hard and it's been amazing as we have seen how the Lord helps us find those who are more prepared to accept the Restored Gospel.

We've been teaching a family that is just incredible and they are planning on getting their marriage license today so they can get married soon- hopefully this week. They are just incredible and have so much faith, although lately they have had a lot of struggles they still are progressing and they are just awesome. I believe Satan is working really hard against them, yet I know as they continue to act on faith they will come out on top. That is something we all need to remember. In the end those who have had faith in Christ and have made and kept their covenants will be successful and happy. 

Something I've been thinking about a lot is a phrase that came to mind this past week- Endless progression is true joy. The more I've thought about it the more I've liked it and I really believe it's true. I know that it is through the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we can continually progress. We can repent and change and leave things in the past and move forward seeking to become better and more fully follow Christ's teachings. The Gospel is wonderful! :) The Gospel encourages change, yet never changes itself. It will always be the one and true way to eternal joy. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has the permission from God to perform baptisms in the way He wants them done. What a blessing this is and that is why I'm serving a mission- to invite all to come unto Christ and be baptized with His authority and then to continue progressing and becoming better each day.

I hope everyone enjoys these coming weeks before Christmas and that you can share your testimonies of the Restored Gospel and invite others to learn more by meeting with missionaries. I love you all so much!

Love,
Hermana Brighton