Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 57

Dear Family and Friends,

This week Hermana Bailey and I had a lot of meetings that we went to as part of our leadership calls. I'm starting to realize that I am kinda more like one of those get out and do people, not just sit around and talk about what we are going to do. I do know that it is important to make plans though and I did enjoy the insights and spiritual experiences I had in the meetings. They were opportunities to feel the spirit testify of the importance and truthfulness of what we do, and made me more excited to get out and work and share the restored gospel. 

There are a few people that we have been focusing on this past week, but Hermana Bailey and I had been wanting to get out and find some more people in a specific section of our area and we were finally able to do that Sundaynight. We were able to find some good people that we have return appointments with as well as others that we could tell the English Elders to go visit. A very awesome moment was after saying a prayer with someone that was simple and sincere and after saying amen, the guy looked at us and was like "That's what's up! I like that." He was just really pretty interested in the first place and the prayer at the end I feel like really drove the simplicity and beauty of our message home to him. We are sending the English missionaries his way.

This past Saturday there was a baptism of a boy in our branch that we went to and helped out with the music. A recent convert and his 10 year old daughter came and we were excited for his daughter to see someone get baptized closer to her own age. We are wanting to teach her more to help her prepare for baptism as well. It's something that she seems to want, but we just need to help her learn more about and what it means.

Earlier in the week we went to a place called Northwest Harvest and helped out for a couple hours sorting vegetables- mostly peppers. I always enjoy getting to do something active during our service opportunities. It's amazing to me how much produce gets donated around here in Yakima, but it's awesome that there are just so many people willing to do that. We usually go to this place once a week and we have sorted all kinds of vegetables- bell peppers, jalapenos, all types of squash, onions, and more.

Well I hope everyone has a great week! I know that what I am testifying of as a missionary is true. Jesus Christ is our Savior. His church and the fullness of His gospel was restored through a living prophet Joseph Smith and I know we receive continued revelation and guidance through living prophets today. I love the Book of Mormon. I know it is true. It is physical evidence of the truthfulness of the first vision and the restoration of the church of Christ to the earth today. In moments of trial or difficulty I pray and study the Book of Mormon and by doing these things I receive additional strength and encouragement. I invite all to do the same. 

I love you all!
Hermana Brighton