Monday, October 26, 2015

week 55

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been pretty good. It's nice that I didn't have to pack everything to move into a different area, rather I just had to change bedrooms. Ha, the only struggle has been going into the wrong bedroom sometimes. Otherwise things haven't been to crazy. The new area I'm in is not as predominantly Hispanic as the previous but we are finding people to teach. It's been really incredible to see how the Lord has guided us to people who we needed to talk to and we were then able to send the English Elders to go meet them. 

A little while ago I found a quote I really love.

"If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived."
-Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

I really like this because we are reminded that there is always opposition but that doesn't mean we should give up. Even the best people have had to be confronted with trials and struggles. Christ himself suffered "pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind" so that He could know how to succor His people- us. I believe that sometimes we pass through certain hardships so that we can know how to help others who experience similar hard times. I'm grateful for a Savior who understands me perfectly. I've always loved the words to the hymn "Where Can I Turn For Peace?" because they remind me of the unfailing source of hope and comfort I have when I may think no one else understands what I'm going through.

1. Where can I turn for peace?
Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole?
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
I draw myself apart,
Searching my soul?

2. Where, when my aching grows,
Where, when I languish,
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One.

3. He answers privately,
Reaches my reaching
In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind,
Love without end.

So I hope everyone has a wonderful week and remembers our true source of comfort and strength and hope, our Savior Jesus Christ and what He did for us.

I love you all!
Hermana Brighton