Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 54

Dear Family and Friends,
This week was the last week of the transfer and we received our transfer calls this past Saturday. I accepted the assignment to become a Sister Training Leader and my new (not-so-new) companion will be Hermana Bailey. It will be fun working with her again because she was my companion for a transfer when I went back to Royal for the second time. 
So I will be staying in Yakima and will be working in a different area, but will still be in the same Spanish branch. I'm looking forward to learning A LOT as I work more closely with other Sister missionaries and do all I can to help and serve them.
Some great verses of scripture I'm ponderizing for the week is 1 Nephi 10:18-19. I love how it says we have to search diligently to really find out and understand the mysteries of God. We have to put forth effort in order to receive and/or find answers. We can't just expect answers to come easily all the time, exactly when we want them. I know this is true and I love when after a long search or diligent study I am able to receive guidance from the Spirit of God that helps me better understand different doctrines and principles of the gospel and how I can better apply them in my personal life.
So kind of funny news is that I will still be living in the same house as my old companion yet I will have a new companion and my old companion will be training a new missionary. It should be an interesting adjustment these next couple weeks, but it should all be fine. Because we've been receiving so many new missionaries they've had to change a lot of housing arrangements in order to accommodate the new missionaries. I'm looking forward to a great transfer though, full of learning and changing for the better.
Well I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 
Love you all!
Hermana Brighton