Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 53

Dear Family and Friends,
Last night my companion and I rode with a member to go to a little city that we cover about 30 minutes outside Yakima and we had a really interesting experience. The people in the first house we went to were not very interested in changing and although the spirit was with us testifying of the truth of our message it was like they couldn't feel it at all. They just were not at all open to change. The second family we visited was a completely different story. I feel like they really have been prepared by God to receive the Restored Gospel. When we talked to them about their greatest desires they very sincerely told us how they want the best for their children (in fact that's why they recently moved here to Washington- to get away from the drugs and gangs in California), and the husband shared how he wants to change and become better. They were just so desirous to learn more and we are so excited to teach them.
This past week or so I've been studying about Christlike attributes and I really like the Attribute Activity in Preach My Gospel because it really makes you stop and think and really spiritually evaluate yourself. You really learn a lot about your character. So I definitely would recommend taking a little time each day to maybe just evaluate yourself and how you are doing with developing certain characteristics and attributes. You can learn and grow a lot from it and then be able to set goals to improve.
This week the scripture that I am ponderizing is Mosiah 3:19 and I really like it because of the attributes it reminds us we should have.
Yesterday I got to teach the gospel principles class at church about missionary work and it went really well. The spirit definitely helped to know what to say and do and I am coming to realize that I really like teaching the gospel in a class setting with members where all can contribute and where we can learn and grow together.
Well I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Keep doing the little things- personal prayer and scripture STUDY (not just reading)- to strengthen your testimonies and to help you be safe and protected when life throws curve balls your way.
Love you all!
Hermana Brighton