Monday, July 20, 2015

Week 41

Please see here current mission address on the other page.
Dear Family and Friends,
This past week it has been incredible to see the progress of a family that Hna Bailey and I have the wonderful opportunity to be teaching. Both the parents have quit smoking and they are just so solid and they basically teach themselves. The husband was baptized when he was a youth but hasn't really been active since then and his wife and kids are not members. They are really progressing though and just to be getting to teach them and hear their experiences and the things they have over come has strengthened my testimony that God is individually aware of each of us and that everything happens for a reason. I don't know how many times I've said that- that everything that happens to us in our lives has a purpose, but I know it's true. I guess what really is more important is how we choose to react to the challenges that come our way, but I know as we choose to turn to God and Christ, that is where we will find the most comfort and the strength to overcome our trials and hard times.
We've also gotten to pick lots of apricots as service this past week and that has been fun. The above mentioned family has several trees just overflowing with apricots and so we've helped them pick them so that they can be canned.
This week we had interviews with our new mission president. I know that he is called of God and I am so grateful to have him as my new mission president. His wife is also equally incredible and I'm excited to get to know them more and learn from them over this next year or so.
I hope everyone is doing well! Thank you for all the Happy Birthday wishes and cards and everthing. I really appreciated it and am grateful for all your support and love.
Love,
Hermana Brighton