Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 40

Dear Family and Friends,
Let me just say that I had one of the best apricots I have ever had in my life. I got to pick it right off the tree and then eat it. We tried to teach the lady's who's tree it was but she was busy and had to return to her cooking inside. She said we could have some apricots though so that was nice of her.
Yesterday my companion and I got to do a musical number in church. I sang and she played the piano. The song was I Stand All Amazed and it was one of the most spiritual experiences I've ever had. Truly "Words make you think a thought, Music makes you feel a feeling, and a Song makes you Feel a Thought." I know that Christ is my Savior and I am so grateful for His sacrifice for us, his family. I know that it is because of Him that we can return to live with God if we chose to follow Him and obey His teachings.
On Saturday the town had a Summer Fest and we did service by helping out with a couple things. The whole entire town must have been there so it was nice to be there and get to see everyone.
This past week we had a lesson where we focused on The Restoration and Joseph Smith's role in it. I know that Joseph Smith was called by God and His son Jesus Christ to be a prophet. I know that Joseph Smith was given the authority to reestablish Christ's church on the earth. Through him the Priesthood was restored to the earth and it is with this Priesthood that the saving ordinances of the Gospel can be performed. I know that God chose Joseph Smith to be a prophet not because he was perfect or because he was knowledgable. He chose Joseph because he was humble and willing to act on the answer he recieved. God does not necessarily choose those who seem qualified, but He qualifies those whom He chooses and that's how it was with Joseph Smith. We meet so many who say they don't 'believe in Joseph Smith.' Well we are not asking people to 'believe IN Joseph Smith' we are asking people to believe in God. To believe that He loves us and therefore gave us another prophet. People don't even have to believe us missionaries. They can ask for themselves. I think that's one of the best parts of our message! People don't have to take any person's word for it. They can go to God and ask Him themselves. How wonderful is that!?!
Well I love you all and hope we can all together continue to strengthen our testimonies of the truths that have been restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that Faith in Jesus Christ is what can give us hope in this life. I know that Repentance is possible. People can change. I know that it is through baptism that we make a covenant or a promise that we will follow Christ and remember Him and keep His commandments. The Gift of the Holy Ghost is one of the greatest gifts of God and as we live worthily and endure to the end faithfully we can always be guided and protected, comforted and strenthened through the presence of the Holy Ghost in our lives. 

Love,
Hermana Brighton