Monday, March 30, 2015

week 25

Dear Family and Friends,
Looks like it will be bullet points again for this week.
  • This week my companion and I dug a huge hole in our investigators' yard to a pipe that was leaking then with the guidance of one of them I got down in the hole and fixed the pipe. We had to turn off the water, cut out a part of the pipe then replace it....yeah interesting process. I just followed instructions. Hopefully it holds. Personally I would have just called people in charge of the water system or whatever it is to do it, but whatever. It was fun and I was totally wet and muddy on my front side from laying on the grass and reaching into the hole to do things.
  • Because of transfers we got new Elders, the others were doubled out. One of the new elders is from Honduras (and is being trained) and the other is from Utah. 
  •  Women's General Conference was awesome and focused a lot on the Family. I hope my family knows how much I love and appreciate them. This week I hope everyone can look for ways to serve their loved ones and show them how much they mean to you.
  • On Saturday we got fed all our meals. There was a stake missionary breakfast, our investigator fed us lunch, and then we had pasole at an investigators house for dinner then also had dinner with members but it was a light dinner (crepes) so we weren't too full. :)
  • This week a recent convert who hadn't been able to come to church because of work, came AND she brought friends from work. It was awesome. :) They don't live in our area so we won't be teaching them but it was awesome to see her doing missionary work and sharing the gospel.
  • Some one who is less active that we've been teaching brought her grandkids to a movie night activity. We are so happy to see her coming back and getting involved.
  • We did a lot of thank you cards at the Animal Shelter we volunteer at. I want to invite everyone to look for ways to serve in their community. Their are more ways than you might think. Let me know how that goes! 
Well I'm out of time so for further details see hermanamrozek.wordpress.com my companion's blog. :)
Love you all!
Hermana Brighton