Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 22

Dear Friends and Family,
 Time is short this week, but I wanted to share a quote that I attempted to share last week but some what butchered. 
"When the Lord plants a testimony in your heart remember that testimony isn't something you have today and you are going to have always. A testimony is fragile. It is as hard to hold as a moonbeam. It is something you have to recapture every day of your life."
I hope everyone has been trying to work on ways to recapture that testimony each day. Let me know how that is going for you!
There is also another quote I read this morning- "There is neither man or woman in this church who is not on a mission. That mission will last as long as they live, and it is to do good, to promote righteousness, to teach the principles of truth, and to prevail upon themselves and everybody around them to live those principles that they may obtain eternal life." -Brigham Young
I love both these quotes. It reminds me that you always have to work on growing your testimony and one way we can do this is sharing it with others- doing missionary work. Inviting others to "come and see" and feel in their lives the same joy we have found from the Gospel. I love being a missionary and seeing how the Gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives. I also just found out that the husband of Maria, someone who was baptized in Royal when I was there will be getting baptized March 21st. I'm so happy that I had a part in watching him come closer to Christ and that everyday I get to continue helping and serving people in any way I can. Helping them recognize the good and grasp on to it. To live by it and welcome it with open arms.
Well I love you all and hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Brighton