Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 76

Dear Family and Friends,
This week has been incredible. There have been so many opportunities to serve and this week my companion and I did 28 man hours of service. In our zone there is no limit on the amount of service hours which is good because there are so many opportunities to help out in the community and it's good to get out and be seen and get to know people that otherwise you might not ever meet.
Each year Othello has a Sandhill Crane Festival and we got to help out with setting it up and then helping out during the Festival as well. We helped make masks with kids by putting petroleum jelly on their faces and then building the mask onto their face using cast material that you get wet and then it hardens into shape as it dries. It was super fun.
Sister Fox and I also went to the temple on Saturday with a couple that received their endowments and it was such a special incredible to see how their testimonies have grown and strengthened since they were baptized last January when I was in Royal City with them. They will be sealed on April 9th and I'm so excited and happy for them.
Today we went up to the top of Saddle Mountain with our district and enjoyed time up there together and took some fun pictures. I have loved getting to serve around and get to know so many incredible people as I've been a missionary. I have been developing friendships that I hope will last forever.
I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true and I'm so grateful for that knowledge. I know that what I teach as a missionary is true and I have truly experienced a change of heart as I've learned more about the gospel of Jesus Christ and seen how it has changed others and my own life. I will never stop sharing the gospel.
I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Love,
Hermana Brighton