Monday, November 17, 2014

departing Mexico City/ Week 6

Dear Friends and Family,

My time at the CCM has just about drawn to a close. I will be leaving the CCM on a bus at2:30AM. My flight out of Mexico City is at 6:02AM and I arrive in the Dallas/Fort Worth airport at8:40AM. I leave the D/FW airport at 12:30PM and arrive in Seattle at 2:55PM. I then leave Seattle at 4:40PM and arrive in Pasco at 5:30PM. So basically tomorrow is going to be a VERY long day.

This past Friday was full of In-Field Orientation meetings. We learned a lot about the importance of Planning and trusting in the Spirit to lead and guide us in our actions and while we teach. We also learned about the importance of involving the Ward and members and asking for their help with missionary work. I have to say these meetings helped me realize how important it is to depend on the Lord and others to help us missionaries because we sure can't do this work on our own.

Saturday and Sunday flew by quickly and now it's Monday and I will be leaving in less than 12 hours. It's hard to believe. The elders in my district leave at 8:30 tonight for Lima Peru so then it will just be Hna Safsten and I and one of the other Hermanas in our district. Her companion left last night at 3AMSunday before anyone left, the Elders gave all the Hermanas priesthood blessings which provided great comfort and peace. I am now excited to go to Washington and start meeting new people and inviting them to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Well from what I have heard it is pretty cold in Washington now, so I am going to miss the perfect weather here in Mexico. It hardly ever gets too cold and almost always in the 60s/70s during the day. I'll have to get used to wearing a jacket for the next several months I suppose. So next time I write I'll be in Washington which is so crazy to realize. It will probably also feel like I've been there for so long but no time at all either because that's what it felt like my first week in Mexico.

Adios until next week!
Hna Brighton