Thursday, October 30, 2014

Week Three

Dear Friends and Family,

Hard to believe a whole other week has passed by already. I feel like I just was writing homeyesterday

I want to start off with some thoughts I´ve had during personal study and other times.
A question I asked myself was- Why are the teachings and Atonement of Jesus Christ important for me? Some of my answers...
  •  I can find relief from guilt, pain, and frustration.
  •  I can find comfort in knowing there is someone else out there who knows my feelings and thoughts, who can help me.
  • I can hand over my burdens. 
  • I have a brother who is perfect and because of Him I can become perfect also. 
  • When if feels like no one is there for me, or no one likes me or it feels like there is not much hope- there IS someone who is there who likes me and loves me, who gives hope, who is the source of hope- my Savior Jesus Christ.
I know that the Savior can help all who turn to him with a sincere desire to change and become better. It's okay to make mistakes but it's important to recognize them as soon as possible and fix them. I struggle with being meek humble and submissive but I know that through Christ all things are possible and I can develop these attributes with His help. Practice makes Permanence. Let us all practice becoming better people and with Christ's help we will become the people God wants us to be. We will be happy because we know who we are and why we're here and where we are going.

Another spiritual thought. I think a big problem all people have, including myself sometimes, is to judge others righteously. I want to share some thoughts I wrote in my journal recently. "It's not our job to judge, rather, it is our job to invite and help all to come unto Christ and be perfected through Him. Jesus did not shun the sinners or the "unclean". Instead He served them and loved them. Jesus was and is perfect. He is the example. We, who are all sinners, surely do not think ourselves to be better than Him so we have no right in the world to pass judgments. We should leave that to God. While on earth all we need to worry about is making ourselves the best we can be, by relying on the Savior, and following in His footsteps by serving all those within our reach. The only person we can really change is our self and even with this we need the Savior's help." 

And now on a lighter note... I was asked what are some foods we eat here at the CCM (Centro de Capacitación Misional México). I am happy to say that for breakfast in the past week I have eaten chicken tenders, tamales, eggs, and other things I can't remember. A lot of the time there isn't always the typical 'breakfast' foods for breakfast. I did have a waffle the other day though. Something I really like here is a yogurt drink they have here. It's comparable to Danimals but in my opinion it's better. Fun fact- the Comedor goes through about 50 jars of Nutella a week! Pretty crazy huh? I have to admit though, I love putting some on toast and eating it for a dessert sometimes. For lunch and dinner there is often some type of meat. I really love when they have chicken with this red seasoning that kind of dyes the meat. It's delicious. My neighbors from home would sometimes give us the same kind of chicken and I've always loved it. I've also discovered that I actually like papaya now. Maybe I just had never really had good papaya til I came here to Mexico.

This morning my district along with a few others went to the Mexico City temple. It's closed for renovation so we didn't get to go inside, but we went to the visitor's center and got a tour. It was really nice to get to be on temple grounds. We saw the old CCM which was behind the temple.

Also a district in our zone left this week. The sister training leaders were in this district and it was kind of sad to see them go but I'm happy and excited for them to be out in their missions. For FHE Monday before they left, the Elders had a tie trade, while the rest of us sisters and the new district played a little game. We're also getting a new district in our zone this week again so my district is now the oldest, which is kinda weird to think about. Time has gone by pretty quickly it seems. I can still remember the first day I got here pretty clearly.

Well this is it for this week! I hope all is well with everyone.
Love,
Hermana Brighton