Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 66

Dear Family and Friends,

Transfer calls came this past Saturday and I will be staying with my companion here in Yakima! I'm super happy about it because we are working with so many incredible people and I love the Spanish branch members here. They are all incredible. In fact mission wide they tried to keep changes to a minimum. In our zone only one missionary is leaving, but we are also getting a whole new set of elders who will be working in a new area that they made that is a part of our branch, so this means we will now have four sets of missionaries in the Englewood branch here in Yakima. The Lord is hastening His work! 

This past Saturday I had the opportunity to go back to Royal City to attend a baptism of a family I had gotten to work with when I was there several months ago. It was an incredible experience and a testimony once again to me that the gospel of Jesus Christ allows us to change and become better people.

As Sister Training Leaders we have the opportunity to go to a lot of meetings and feel the spirit and learn A LOT, so we went to 12+ hours of meetings this past week and it was awesome. Something we are focusing on this transfer as a Zone is how we can increase our confidence in the Lord. Something we talked about in our Zone Training Meeting was how as we have faith and are bold in sharing the gospel and remain humble we will see miracles and our confidence in the Lord will increase. I am so grateful for the wonderful missionaries I get to serve around because they are teaching me so much.

I read some great scriptures this morning- Alma 33:21-23. I just really like how at the end it says 'and even all this can ye do if ye will' because it shows that we have to have the desire and oftentimes we have to act without knowing- aka have faith- and then we will experience the fruit of our efforts with time.

Fun fact- 61% of the missionaries in our mission have been out for 6 months or less! These new missionaries are incredible though. :)
I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 
-Hermana Brighton