Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 50

Dear Family and Friends,
This week has been one full of learning for me. I learned a lot about family history and keeping track of your own history when I went to a Family History Fair this past weekend. I learned a lot and am grateful for the opportunity I had to go and feel the spirit testify to me of the importance of writing my own story as well as learning about the lives and stories of others- especially family. I would like to invite everyone who reads this to write down a personal story from your life. It can be about whatever you like, but maybe something that helped shape you into the person you are/want to become now. If you'd like to send me it, I would love to receive a letter with your story. I love learning from and about others.
So I wanted to share a little about my companion cause I realized I didn't last week. Her name is Hna Kennedy and she's from Draper Utah. She is the youngest of 10 children. She is amazing at playing the piano and I hear she can play the violin super well also. She's been out 10 months and her spanish is awesome! We work well together and we are accomplishing a lot here in Yakima. I am learning a lot from her about myself so it's been super interesting and I look forward to the rest of the time we will spend together. Oh, she also has an incredible sense of direction, which is a major help to me because if you know me that is something I've always kinda had a problem with. It's okay though, because I am learning and I hope to make my weakness into a strength eventually.
I love the song Asombro Me Da (mom you're gonna have to look up the english translation cause I'm blanking). Oh.. it's I Stand All Amazed isn't it?(YES, that is right) I invite all to look up the lyrics and ponder what it means for you- the Savior and His sacrifice and strive to strengthen your personal relationship with Him.
Love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!
Love,
Hermana Brighton