Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 30

Dear Family and Friends,
So this week marks the beginning of my 3rd transfer in Kennewick and I will be staying with Hermana Mrozek, which came as a bit of a surprise because she's been in Kennewick for 6 months already.
This past week has been a blur but it was good. We serve in an adult day center now and so that is always enjoyable. We do a Women's group and basically sit and talk with several women about random topics like cooking, gardening, nature, etc. We aren't really supposed to talk much about religion but it's so awesome to have the opportunity to help out and give these women the chance to just talk together with us. We work with a group of all spanish speaking women so it's really interesting to try to talk about things other than the Gospel in spanish... sometimes I have to just smile and nod. Ha, but usually I do understand what is being said, or at least the main idea, so it's not really bad at all. It's really good practice.
The branch also had an activity this past week called "Juegos Olympicos- Casi" which means "Olympic games- almost." We helped set up and run the stations with all the games and we had a really good time. Not as many people came as we hoped despite the fact that we handed out A LOT of invitations to our investigators and others. There was good food and games though so we really enjoyed ourselves and got to know the members better so that was really great.
This week I've been thinking a lot about how people reject us before even listening to what we have to share as missionaries, as representatives of Christ. It's really discouraging sometimes but it's the little moments when we meet people and have a spiritual experience with them that makes all the rejection worth it. There is a part in Preach My Gospel that talks about how as missionaries we will experience a lot of discouragement but as long as we feel the Spirit with us and working through us we can know that what we are doing is what we should be doing. Because of the experiences I'm having as a missionary I know I am being prepared for my future. I'm grateful to be serving the Lord in this capacity and I hope to be able to continue being a missionary for the rest of my life by being an example not just by word but by deed.
I hope everyone has a great week, love you all!
Hermana Brighton