Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Week 19



Dear Family and Friends,
This week has been incredible and full of miracles. For example the other day (Sunday) we started talking to a young man who was playing basketball and long story short he decided to come to a devotional we were having literally 10 minutes before it was supposed to start and his mom said she'd take him. We got all the way to the church with them following us and when we got there the mom realized that she had another thing going on so couldn't stay. She made it clear she really wanted to though. She also told us how she had been praying that her son would accept God back into his heart and so she was happy he had listened to us. We got her number and now we are trying to set up a time to come by. Just waiting to hear back from her but if she doesn't text back we'll probably just stop by. I also been a witness of a few other amazing events. Lets just say I have had many experiences that have let me know I am here on a mission for a reason and that God put me here to help people who need to find Him.
My new area is very different...it's in the middle of the city. I kind of was in shock the first several days because of the hundreds of cars and buildings and people everywhere. I'm adjusting though.
Also the apartment my companion and I moved in previously was lived in by Elders... lets just say my companion and I spent a good chunk of our P-day deep cleaning that apartment. Now it is livable in...
My companion is AWESOME. I love her. She is from Northern Virginia near D.C. She is hilarious and can do the best accents. Yes she is white, but her Spanish is good so between the two of us we are doing pretty well understanding and teaching. She also is a good singer and likes to harmonize when we listen to C.D.s in the car so that's fun. It's been so great serving with her and seeing so many miracles already.
Well I hope everyone has a great week!
Love,
Hermana Brighton
P.S. Email delay because yesterday the library was closed for the holiday and it is where we write.