Monday, February 8, 2016

Week 70

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been great. We've had a lot of leadership meetings since it was the first week of the month but we were still able to get out and work with our investigators and yesterday we found this adorable older couple by knocking around where a less active member was supposed to live. I have a testimony that the Lord really does guide us to the people we need to find. Even though we originally go somewhere for a different person or have different plans, if we are sensitive to the spirit, we are lead to people who need us. This couple let us in and after talking for a couple minutes we invited them to come to the church for a church tour and they agreed! So they followed us all the way over to the church and we had a wonderful lesson as we showed them around the church. Sister Dee and I are super excited for them. We will just need to be persistent with them. Though they do seem pretty open and willing to learn more, we will need to help them recognize the importance of making the time to learn more.

On Saturday we had a baptism and we are so happy for him because he truly is converted. This is something that stood out to me from a broadcast we had- that as missionaries are to Teach Repentance, and Baptize Converts. We need to make sure people are truly changing and have been converted to the Restored Gospel before they get baptized.

I'm grateful for the example of those in the Spanish branch I'm serving in because they have helped me so much, the members and the other missionaries as well. It's been incredible to see the work of the Lord move forward in miraculous ways. I know that there are people being drawn to the church because they each are needed in this grand work of helping return us all home to our Heavenly Father. I am constantly amazed by how the gospel of Jesus Christ really does change people into not just good people, but more that good. People who can and will make a difference in many lives if they continue to rely on God and His son Jesus Christ.

I love the Book of Mormon. I know that it was translated by a true prophet of God. I know that the organization of the church is inspired by God and that Christ is at the head of the church. I recognize that the members aren't perfect but if we are truly converted that means we are all trying to follow Christ in the best ways we can and we are constantly seeking to improve.

I hope you all have a great week! Happy Early Valentine's Day!
Love,
Hermana Brighton